top of page


Legal Aid

A grant of legal aid can be applied for through an application form with appropriate supporting documentation. A successful grant means that you have been appointed a lawyer to represent you in court. This can be either a lawyer employed by Legal Aid NSW or a private lawyer, like us, paid for by Legal Aid NSW.

If you want one of our lawyers to represent you, we suggest you contact us as soon as possible. We can even lodge an application on your behalf.

Click here for more information on the Application Process.

How can Universal Lawyers represent me through Legal Aid?

Simply nominate Joy Quinones (Principal Solicitor at Universal Lawyers) as your preferred lawyer on your application form, or contact us to apply for you. As a result of her extensive experience and competence, Joy has been appointed by a selection committee to numerous Legal Aid criminal law panels across Sydney for many years now.

Legal Aid recognise Joy as a lawyer who provides high quality representation according to their rigorous principles and practice standards.

Joy can represent you in legal aid cases from all offices across Sydney, including Bankstown, Blacktown, Burwood, Campbelltown, Sydney City, Fairfield, Liverpool, Parramatta, Penrith and Sutherland Offices.

Click here to contact us about Legal Aid representation.

Not Eligible for Legal Aid?

Don’t worry! We still want to help you. Contact our office and speak to one of our friendly and reassuring lawyers today. 

bottom of page